Monday 1 June 2009

Deja Moo

My life has been considerably dull lately and so while I work on a plan to remedy that, I'm going to waffle on about stuff that has nothing to do with me. (Believe me, it's better that way.)

So did you guys hear about the pod of whales that beached themselves on Long Beach in Kommetjie on Saturday? Really sad stuff. In the end, they had to euthanise about 40 of them, as it was the kindest thing to do. Quite tragic, really. But I wonder what it is that makes whales and dolphins beach themselves in the first place? Mystery of nature, I suppose. Still, very sad.

Onto movie stuff... I had an assignment I had to work on this weekend, and so in true FPT style, I avoided it like the plague and left it to the very last minute (ie. Sunday evening) - which gave me plenty of time to catch up on some movies. I was too lazy to make myself decent and leave my house so I dug around and found a couple of flicks I hadn't yet watched. First up was Eagle vs Shark. Quite a strange little movie - sweet and quaint but also a little off-sides. A New Zealand production, the film didn't have any recognisable names or faces. But I enjoyed it. You might too.

Then I decided to watch Sweeney Todd. I won't lie. Johnny Depp was a major factor in choosing the film, but I really struggled to get into it, and I fell asleep before the end. Must've been all that singing. I'm not really a fan of singing in a movie (with maybe Mamma Mia being the exception) and so I think that's what put me off. (Why Johnny, why?...)



Moving on... Can you believe Susan Boyle did NOT win Britain's got Talent this weekend?!??!?!?!? Och aye, it's true! Really, what's this world coming to? First Adam and now Susan?!?!?!? Someone needs to have a serious word with the voting public - are you guys all on crack?!?!? C'mon!!!! Poor Susan, she wuz robbed. :(

Anyway, we've now come to the awwww... sweet... segment of today's post. Here are some warm and fuzzy photies of a brand-spanking new panda cub who made a grand arrival a few days ago after its mother was artificially inseminated with her partner's panda sperm. And look! 200g of cute baby panda! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... Too cute!

How gorgeous is this little guy?!?!?!?

(and one more time for the people in the cheap seats...)
Awwwwwwwww...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails