Friday 16 April 2010

Who knew, right?


So it turns out that, when your dentist gives you an injection in your lower jaw in preparation for a filling, sometimes, just sometimes, they can hit a nerve and leave one side of your tongue numb for up to a month. Crazy. But true. Adding to my dental woes, this is exactly what happened to me last week. I went back to my dentist for a little filling he couldn't do the previous time, and left with the standard numb-mouth-drooling-out-the-side routine. No biggie. A few hours later, the feeling came back to my face, but my tongue still felt fuzzy. I went to bed thinking it would soon catch up with the rest of my face but I woke on Saturday morning with the same numb tongue.

Naturally, I did the responsible thing and frantically googled 'Numb tongue' and was somewhat relieved to discover I wasn't alone. When Monday rolled around I phoned the dentist who explained the whole 'hit a nerve' fiasco.

Well I have to tell you, it's left me feeling rather pissed off. The left side of my tongue has had hectic pins and needles since Tuesday(ish) and it's really uncomfortable. Plus the taste buds on that side are useless now, so everything tastes bland.

Seriously, a whole month of this? You've got to be kidding me!!! First a strange dentist breaks one of my teeth and then my regular dentist hits a nerve. I'm not having fun anymore. Never mind how much all this has cost me. 

Anyway, thanks for listening to me vent. I promise my next post will be a happier one. 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails