Tuesday 27 April 2010

Do zimmerframes come in pink?

This morning I woke up in an old woman's body. No, seriously. I went to bed with the best intentions of waking refreshed and ready for gym, but instead I woke up feeling a kazillion years old.

I can't be sure, but I think it may be the result of my social activities over the last week. The social life, which often at best is dismal, has picked up somewhat. This is a MIRACLE and I'm not about to look a gifthorse in the mouth so I've been happily donning the heels and plastering on the Mac for much needed social interaction. And it's certainly been entertaining! But yes, it's left me feeling a little... oh what's the word?... tired. Yes.

From lovely lunches that end long after the sun goes down (as you do) to dancing til 3 am at a friend's house party, I've certainly been tripping the light fantastic. But I was shocked and horrified when I woke on Sunday morning with a sore hip (just the one, mind you) and realised it might have been the result of shaking my ass the night before. What's next? A zimmer frame?!?!? By Monday morning, everything felt hunky dory again but then last night I went to a Goldfish gig at Moyo, Spier and did some more of my dancey-ass-shaking-thing and yes, woke up with an achy hip.

I refuse to believe that I've passed my sell by date. But I think I'll take it easy for the rest of this week. Starting with tonight. Half past seven and I'm ready for bed. And then I'm going to wake up tomorrow feeling fabulous! So fabulous, in fact, that I'll leap out of bed and straight into my gym clothes. Yes well, it's a lovely thought.

 (Go listen to these guys - they're great!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails