Wednesday 8 July 2009

Ow. Cha-mon.

So I guess chances are you watched the MJ memorial on tv last night. I was at Buena Vista - munching down on chilli poppers and nachos (yum!) - so I missed most of it but I caught the end of it when I got home. One of the local channels had a delayed broadcast.

The whole thing's pretty sad, hey?

I've never really been a Michael Jackson fan, but love him or hate him, there's no denying the impact he had on pop music - and pop culture. Most of us grew up with his songs - some of which have really stood the test of time. But more than anything, I feel really sad for him. Michael seemed like such a tortured creature - tragic. The poor guy never really stood a chance. And the media certainly made a circus out of his many strange little idiosyncrasies - I really couldn't tell the difference between the truth and fiction when I saw and read reports on him.

Anyway, as I said, I was never a huge fan but here are my 10 favourite MJ songs. I thought they were pretty great:
1. Ben
2. One day in your life
3. Billie Jean
4. I Just can't stop loving you
5. Don't stop till you get enough
6. Black or White
7. Man in the Mirror
8. Bad
9. I'll be there
10. Thriller


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails