Thursday 9 July 2009

Mid Year Review

People tell me that the older you get, the faster time flies. I think those people may have a point. I can't believe it's already July! Anyhoo, now that we've officially passed the half year mark, I thought I'd take the time to list all the things I've been procrastinating over. Unfortunately, procrastination is one of my stronger points.

I haven't... sorted out my CV and started job hunting.
Lame excuse... recession. It's so easy to blame everything on the recession. And I'm in a serious comfort zone, even though it doesn't necessarily make me happy.

I haven't... submitted stuff. To magazines.
Lame excuse... if it turns out I really am rubbish, then I'll be totally and absolutely lost.

I haven't... reached my goal weight.
Lame excuse... gym is so boring plus food that's good for you never tastes as good as food that isn't.

I haven't... been focusing on the course I'm studying this year.
Lame excuse... I'm struggling to get excited about it. The texts bore me. Even though I know they're not supposed to. Clearly I'm missing something. Perhaps maybe a LOT of things.

I haven't... been feeling optimistic lately.
Lame excuse... I started the year with a really positive attitude but I've lost that lovin' feeling. Instead I feel tired and drained.

Okay, that's just depressing. Enough of that. Time to break up this pity party and Sort That Stuff Out. Starting now. Or maybe after lunch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails