Monday 15 February 2010

Word Nerd Musings

After having much success at Exclusive Books' Summer Sale, I couldn't resist going back a couple more times to see if I could score any more bargains. Here's what I ended up with...

Margot Fonteyn, A Life (Meredith Daneman)


When I was a kid, all I wanted was to be a ballerina. Ten years of ballet classes and a pair of stubborn flat feet later, I abandoned the dream but ballet will always be close to my heart. I've always loved Margot Fonteyn (and Rudolf Nureyev) which is why I was really pleased to find this biography on sale.


Lighthousekeeping (Jeanette Winterson)


A few years ago I read Written on the Body, a novel from the same author. I really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping Lighthousekeeping will be good too.


Two Caravans (Marina Lewycka)


I have to confess, I totally judged this book by it's cover. It looks quaint and quirky. I'll let you know how that turns out.



Beautiful People (Simon Doonan)


This looks like a fun read. Simon Doonan is the Creative Director at Barnabys and the review on Amazon.com has this to say about Beautiful People:

"Simon Doonan's life is a tawdry and hilarious romp.' Rupert Everett... 'Beautiful People is wickedly funny. Simon Doonan has an ear and an eye for sublimely bizarre details that will make readers laugh out loud.' Candace Bushnell, author of Sex and The City. 'Simon is a male Lucille Ball.' Donna Karen..."
Okay, I'll bite.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails