Tuesday 26 October 2010

Not so Fabulous in the City


In spite of my best intentions, I didn't actually get to see Sex and the City 2 when it hit the Big Screen back in June. Not sure what happened there - I was so excited about the release of the movie but then suddenly it was a month later and I still hadn't seen it. So I've been waiting patiently for the DVD release, and finally, I rented it from my local Blockbuster last night. 

I have to say, Sex and the City 2 just wasn't that fabulous. 

For the most part, the reviews I'd heard weren't exactly complementary but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. I love, love, love the show! And the first movie was quite decent. But this one? Hmmmm, no. It was just so cliched in all the wrong ways, the outfits weren't so glamorous and the ladies all looked rather well-matured. I know none of them are in their thirties anymore, but all the same, they looked rather hard and leathery. I'm sure make-up played a role in that. 

 
 Anyway, I'm glad I finally got to see it. But I think it's time for Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte to stop with the SATC movies and rather leave us with the glowing memories of the fabulous ol' days.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails